Uncertainty in Autonomous Systems Group
ISIB-CNR, Padova, Italy
Born in Vicenza, Italy, on Aug. 7, 1961.
Laurea in Electronic Engineering from the University of Padova in 1986.
Research Scientist at ISIB-CNR (formerly Ladseb-CNR), Padova, since 1988.
Visiting scholar at the Department of Computer Science, Texas A&M University, in 1990.
Professor of "Fondamenti di Informatica", University of Padova, from 1999 to 2001.
Member of the Institute Committee of ISIB from 2002 to 2009.
Member of the research group on "Mathematical Logic and Reasoning under Uncertainty" at ISIB.
Member of the project on "Modeling of uncertain complex systems" at ISIB.
Member of the scientific and organizing committees of ECSQARU 2009, 1-3 July 2009, Verona (Italy).
ISIB-CNR, Corso Stati Uniti 4, I-35127 Padova PD (Italy)
reasoning under uncertainty and
exoskeletons for rehabilitation.
- C. Sossai and G. Chemello. Special issue on the Tenth European Conference on Symbolic and Quantitative Approaches to Reasoning with Uncertainty (ECSQARU 2009). International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, 52(1):1, 2011.
- C. Sossai and G. Chemello, editors. Symbolic and Quantitative Approaches to Reasoning with Uncertainty. 10th European Conference, ECSQARU 2009, Verona, Italy, July 1-3, 2009, Proceedings. Number 5590 in Lecture Notes in Artiﬁcial Intelligence. Springer, 2009.
- M. Sartori, D.G. Lloyd, M. Reggiani, G. Chemello and E. Pagello. Scaling tendons preserving the consistency of EMG-to-activation relationship
. In Proc. of the 7th Australasian Biomechanics Conference (ABC7), Gold Coast, Australia, 2009.
- C. Sossai and G. Chemello. An algebraic approach to uncertainty. Submitted, 2008.
- M. Sartori, G. Chemello, M. Reggiani, E. Pagello. Control of a Virtual Leg via EMG Signals from Four Thigh Muscles. In Intelligent Autonomous Systems 10, W. Burgard, R. Dillmann, C. Plagemann and N. Vahrenkamp (Eds), IOS Press, Amsterdam, Netherlands, pp. 137-144, 2008. (preprint)
- M. Sartori, G. Chemello, E. Pagello. A 3D virtual model of the knee driven by EMG signals. In AI*IA 2007: Artificial Intelligence and Human-Oriented Computing, R. Basili and M.T. Pazienza (Eds), Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 4733. Springer-Verlag, Roma, Italy, 2007. (preprint)
- G. Chemello and C. Sossai. A categorical approach to data fusion. In Proc. of the 9th International Conference on Information Fusion (Fusion 2006), Firenze, Italy, July 10–13 2006. (preprint)
- C. Sossai and G. Chemello. Coherent functions in autonomous systems. Journal of Multiple-Valued Logic and Soft Computing 9(2):171-194, 2003. (preprint)
- G. Chemello and C. Sossai. Fuzzy control and coherent functions. In Proc. of the 2003 International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Modelling, Control and Automation (CIMCA 2003), M. Mohammadian (Ed), Wien, pp. 133-144, 2003. (preprint)
- G. Chemello and C. Sossai. Proofs and possibility theory. ISIB-CNR, TR02-12, 2002.
- C. Sossai, P. Bison, G. Chemello. Fusion of symbolic knowledge and uncertain information in robotics. International Journal of Intelligent Systems 16(11):1299-1320, 2001. (preprint)
- C. Sossai, P. Bison, G. Chemello. Sequent calculus and data fusion. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 121(3):371-395, 2001. (preprint)
- C. Sossai, G. Chemello, A. Saffiotti. A note on the role of logic in fuzzy logic controllers. In Proc. of the 8th Conference on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems (IPMU-2000), Madrid, pp. 717-723, 2000. (preprint)
- P. Bison, G. Chemello, G. Trainito. Possibilistic position estimation in mobile robotics. In Proc. Imeko 2000, Wien, September 2000.
- P. Bison, G. Chemello, C. Sossai, G. Trainito. Using a structured beacon for cooperative position estimation. Robotics and Autonomous Systems 29(1):33-40, 1999.
- C. Sossai, P. Bison, G. Chemello, G. Trainito. Sensor fusion for localization using possibility theory. Control Engineering Practice 7(6):773-782, 1999.
- C. Sossai, P. Bison, G. Chemello, G. Trainito. Merging probability and possibility for robot localization. In Proc. of the Workshop on Reasoning with Uncertainty in Robot Navigation (RUR99), Stockholm, Sweden, August 1999.
Last update: November 2013